Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving


Today is Thanksgiving....Today is Thanksgiving. This is one of my favorite days of the year. I love it when everyone gets together and eats as much food as they can stuff into their mouths. :)

On this Thanksgiving, I will be eating a very quite meal with just my mom, dad, and grandparents. One of the hardest things about this holiday however is being able to always have an exciting conversation at the dinner table. At lunch today, I was able to be a big part of the dinner talk with help from what I have learned in my Communication and Emerging Technology class. My grandfather brought up a news story that he had seen lately about a device that is helping a "locked-in" patient talked to his family through the use of a computer. I said grandpa that is know as a cyborg brain implant, I am learning about those in one of my classes. After I told him all that I had learned in my class about how technology is helping our society, I was able to show him a 60 minutes clip called "Brain Power" so he could learn more about this interesting technology.

After we watched the video, my grandparents were have impressed to see just how much I had been learning in my classes at Purdue. I was very happy to learn just how much technology helped my family become closer during this family holiday.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment