Monday, December 7, 2009

Technology Saved my Weekend in Chicago

This weekend I had an amazing mini vacation to Chicago with my boyfriend. We planned on doing a lot of different activities while we were there: walking around downtown, eating deep-dish pizza, shopping, going to the Shedd aquarium, and ice skating in the park. I knew that I had been to downtown Chi-Town a number of times but I knew that I still might need help finding all of these locations. I then remembered about a cool IPhone application that was presented to me in my Communication 435 class. It is called the Monacle Yelp. It is a augmented reality for a mobile device meaning that it adds information and meaning to a real object or place. Monacle Yelp lays a map system over a GPS camera application so one can see where they are going on a map in real time. I immediately told my boyfriend to download this application to his phone before we left on our trip. When we got there we used the application to find our hotel and then used it to find a place to eat for dinner. This application made my life so much easier this weekend! I can't wait to get a IPhone and download this application myself, I am not very good at directions.


If you would like to see more about how this application works please visit this website:

Here is an example of what you might see:



No comments:

Post a Comment